Sector for Toll Collection performs toll collection as well as toll collection supervision (video surveillance, analytics and control), transport and protection of money and facilities, administrative, technical and other tasks related to the activity of the sector.
The Sector for Toll Collection comprises the following departments:
- Department for Tolling Supervision
- Department for Operative Tolling
- Department for Electonic Toll Collection
- Department for Joint Affairs
Public Enterprise “Roads of Serbia”, the Sector for Toll Collection, performs the collection of fees for the use of highway (tolls). Toll collection is performed in the closed system and the open system.
Toll collection is nowadays performed on highways in the length of 777.5 km in total, using an automatic technical toll collection system. The system comprises 57 toll stations.
In the closed system, the toll collection is performed per driven kilometer. The road toll price is determined based on three criteria: road toll price per kilometer, vehicle category and the distance travelled. The closed road toll system is applied on the following highway sections:
In the closed toll collection system, the user takes a magnetic card at the entry toll station while entering the toll collection system and hands it to the operator at the exit toll station, based on which the toll is collected.
In the open toll collection system, the road toll price is predetermined for each toll station on a certain section of the highway. The toll station is both for entering and exiting. The open toll collection system is applied on the following section:
Users paying the toll with the electronic toll collection device use the gates with the signs for that method of payment (ENP/ETC) and do not take a magnetic card.
Traffic participants are enabled to choose a method of payment on all toll stations:
- WITH PAYMENT CARDS (VISA, VISA ELECTRON, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO, POSTCARD, DINACARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS)
- WITH ELECTRONIC TOLL COLLECTION DEVICE, BY PAYING WITHOUT STOPPING
If it is established that:
- the highway user does not possess a document-a magnetic card;
- the highway user could not enter the highway at the location indicated on the document;
- the highway user has already been charged on the basis of that document;
- the document is older than 24 hours;
- the document is so damaged that it is not possible to charge the fee on the basis of that document,
the longest route of the respective section will be calculated and charged on the spot, as well as the cost of the emergency procedure, in accordance with the Rulebook on paying special fee (toll) for state road (motorways and semi-motorways) using in the Republic of Serbia (no.: 953-4846/14-14 dated 25.03.2014).