Within the Sector for Strategy, Designing and Development there is the Department for Energy Management. The starting point for activities of this Department are new Laws related to this area:
1) LAW ON EFFICIENT USE OF ENERGY
2) LAW ON ENERGY
3) LAW ON ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
4) LAW ON NATURE PROTECTION
5) REGULATION ON ESTIMATION OF LIMITING VALUES OF ANNUAL ENERGY CONSUMPTION SERVING AS A BASIS FOR IDENTIFYING WHICH BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS ARE OBLIGED TO USE ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, ANNUAL GOALS FOR ENERGY SAVINGS AND APPLICATION FORM FOR CONSUMED ENERGY
6) RULEBOOK ON CONDITIONS, CONTENT AND MANNER OF ISSUANCE THE CERTIFICATE ON ENERGY PERFORMANCE OF BUILDINGS
DESCRITPION OF ACTIVITIES OF ENERGY MANAGEMENT
The Energy Management is constituted of a team of educated and highly professional persons who are familiar with issues regarding energy starting from acquisition, transformation and consumption of energy to interpretation of calculation provided in the study on energy efficiency and application of adequate measures.
The Energy Management System is a system compatible with environment which means that efficient production, transformation and energy consumption processes reduce environmental pollution and save taxpayers’ money.
Goals of the Energy Management System and impact on the environment are reduced pollution and decreased operating costs. The imperative is dealing with people, because their behaviour plays a key role in energy performance and environment.
Core message to employees is that after the introduction of Energy Management and training courses they will become more productive which will contribute to reduced costs of the enterprise, thus ensuring their long-term employment.
Following the statutory law, the management of the PE “Roads of Serbia” introduced the Department for Energy Management.
The Energy Management is responsible for planning of measures, monitoring and reporting on efficient energy consumption in an organization or institution, as well as optimal consumption of renewable energy resources.
The Energy Management aims at achieving the economic benefits for the organization, through implementation of efficient measures for improvement of energy efficiency, i.e. consumption of renewable energy resources, while not disturbing the level of comfort, quality and quantity of services or products.
The Energy Management should meet all relevant obligations in accordance with legal regulations and national plans for energy, energy efficiency and use of renewable energy resources while fully complying with the legal obligations regarding environmental protection, health and safety at work.
ACTIVITIES OF DEPARTMENT FOR ENERGY MANAGEMENT
- Getting familiar and continually informed on national legislation and EU legislation, regulations and plans on energy efficiency and renewable energy resources, EU initiatives and global initiatives in promotion of sustainable development regarding energy efficiency, as well as disposable financial mechanisms for achieving such a goal (international financial institutions);
- Maintaining of communication with the Ministry of Mining and Energy, and especially with the Department for energy efficiency and Department for renewable energy resources, and regular participations in meetings, training courses and other events;
- Establishing criteria for energy efficiency regarding procurement of goods and services and purchase / leasing of buildings / parts of buildings and renovation;
- Giving recommendations to decision maker within the subject of the contract on energy purchase, negotiating with energy suppliers and making recommendations regarding selection of energy-generating products and selection of supplier which are beneficial for the organization;
- Preparation of database and gathering of data on structures, energy consumers in the organization, identification of the potential for energy savings through performance of preliminary energy audits and preparation of short studies, as well as collection of all information necessary for drafting plans for energy efficiency and renewable energy resources;
- Giving recommendations to decision makers on possible funding resources for implementation of energy efficiency measures and making investments into renewable energy resources;
- Drafting programs and plans for energy efficiency and renewable energy resources (including dynamics of activity realization, budget estimation, expected energy savings and cost reduction based on realization of energy efficiency measures, funding sources, etc.) and their submission for adoption to decision makers. Adopted programs and plans shall be finally delivered to competent national bodies in accordance with the responsibilities referred to in the Law on efficient use of energy. Additionally, programs and plans include establishment and further development of energy management scheme;
- Organizing training courses, raising awareness and motivation of employees and continuous presentation of dynamic of implementation of measures stipulated in the Plan to the responsible employees;
- Elaborating proposals for establishment of public-private partnership and provision of external energy services ("outsource ");
- Preparation of terms of references and organizing implementation of special studies, energy audits, energy certification, etc.;
- Cooperation with services relevant for the organization with regard to preparation and submission of proposals to national or international financial institutions for allocation of funds intended for energy efficiency and exploitation of renewable energy resources;
- Cooperation with services relevant for the organization with regard to bid preparation, supervision, inspection and final acceptance of investment in energy efficiency and renewable energy resources;
- Establishing information system for regular collection of data on energy consumption, energy costs and other relevant data, keeping data register and calculation of energy efficiency indicators;
- Monitoring of measure implementation progress, consideration of energy characteristics, calculation of energy savings and cost reduction, identification of possible negative deviations from the plan and proposal of corrective actions;
- Regular and direct reporting to superiors on progress of implementation of plans and achieved results, along with the proposals for implementation of corrective measures whenever it’s needed;
- Preparing and submitting the reports and data prescribed by law to the competent authorities in accordance with the Law on efficient use of energy;
- Conceptualizing, organizing and monitoring the public campaigns for awareness raising;
- Connection with energy managers from other organizations for experience exchange and implementation of coordinated activities;
- Taking other initiatives in order to improve energy efficiency and exploitation of renewable energy resources in cost effective way, and within a framework of adopted national legislation and policy.
Studies prepared by the Department for Energy Management are publicly available: