The PE „Roads of Serbia“ has installed 8 chargers for electric cars at key points on major roadways in the Republic of Serbia.
Electric chargers providing power at 22-50kW are located as follows:
- on plateau of toll station „Preševo“ (from direction of BC with Macedonia towards Niš),
- on plateau of toll station „Šid“ (from direction of BC with Croatia towards Belgrade),
- on plateau of toll station „Dimitrovgrad“ (from direction of BC with Bulgaria towards Niš),
- on plateau of toll station „Subotica“ (from direction of BC with Hungary towards Belgrade),
- in the rest area „Boljkovci“, on the motorway Miloš Veliki (direction Belgrade-Čačak), near toll station „Ljig“
These chargers are provided with three connectors – two for fast DC charging and one for fast AC charging. A station like this enables charging of electric vehicles with a maximum output power of 50 kW for DC and 22 kW for AC charging.
Electric chargers providing power at 175kW are located as follows:
- on plateau of former toll station „Niš“ (direction Belgrade -Niš)
- on plateau of former toll station „Niš“ (direction Niš-Belgrade)
- on plateau of toll station „Beograd“ (direction Niš-Belgrade)
As of January 2021, three rapid electric chargers of a maximum output power of 175 kW are functional on major roadways. Anticipated usage of this charger is guided by a principle of en-route charging, which is suitable for toll stations, rest areas on motorways or petrol stations.
The chargers are designed to operate outside at the temperatures ranging from -30 to +50 C. New electric chargers comply with all necessary standards and are suitable for the next generation of electric vehicles.
At the moment, three new ultra-fast chargers are connected to the Orion eMobility platform: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=orion+e+mobility&c=apps&hl=en_US&gl=US
Through a free application, this platform enables monitoring and management of the charger system, an online insight of the application user into the occupancy of chargers, a possibility of booking and paying for charging, as well as many other benefits. The process of integrating the existing 5 chargers on the same platform is underway, which will provide a significant network of chargers on public roads, unified in one user application.
All installed electric charges are visible on the leading worldwide applications, such as:
- Plug&Share: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xatori.Plugshare,
- Virta: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.virta,
- and on Google Maps: https://maps.google.com/
The service of electric vehicles charging is currently free, and preparation of statutory regulations regarding introduction of charging for all users is in the progress.